We are working on getting the new student handbook finalized and up on the website for parents and students to be able to download and review. While it will be up soon, we want to make sure parents are aware of some changes in the dress code for students. Here is the new dress code for the 2018-2019 school year:
All students should adhere to the appropriate length of shorts and dresses as follows:
ELEMENTARY: Students may wear walking shorts, skirts, or dresses no shorter than mid-thigh. This length should be determined in the front and back. Spandex type shorts are prohibited. Jeggings or leggings may be worn with fingertip-length skirt/dress/shirt/top.
JUNIOR HIGH/HIGH SCHOOL: Students may wear fingertip-length shorts. Skirts and dresses must be knee-length. This length should be determined in the front and back. Spandex type shorts are prohibited. Jeggings or leggings may be worn with fingertip-length skirt/dress/shirt/top.
- All holes in pants, jeans, shorts, skirts, or dresses must be covered so that no skin is exposed above the knee.
- Hair should be neat and clean and not worn in such a manner to constitute a health or safety hazard or create a distraction. The styling or grooming shall keep the hair out of the eyes. Painting or writing on the hair or face is not permitted. Hair must be a natural color with no exotic hair designs. No mohawks.
- Boys are prohibited from wearing the hair in ponytails, pigtails, or man buns.
- All boys may have well-groomed facial hair and may be charged a fee of $1.00 each time it is necessary to shave at school.
- Girls are permitted to wear sleeveless shirts/tops/blouses that are the width of the student ID (2 1/8 in) at the top of the shoulder. No undergarments or straps may be visible. Under shirts are permitted to cover undergarments and may be visible. The lowest part of the neckline on the shirt/top/blouse shall not be lower than the underarms.
- Boys may not wear sleeveless shirts or tops.
- Boys may not wear jeggings or leggings.